Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome aboard friends! I'm so thrilled to begin our journey (or should I say voyage) into the exciting life I call "The Mrs. to the Rescue". That's right, I'm the Mrs., the loving and oh so supportive wife of my hero, The Mr.

The Mr. is a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer, on call and ready for high adrenaline rescues at all times! Our life as a Rescue Swimmer family is filled with excitement, thrills, and daring escapes. Do you catch my sarcasm? We like to think were funny, love to laugh & live hard, and frankly I'm the one doing most of the rescues around here!

Seriously though, we are a proud Coast Guard family and represent one of the many that sacrifice to fulfill the call. The call to help when no one else can, to spend nights alone when our other half is on duty, to raise our children far from their grandparents, to scrape by paycheck to paycheck, and to pick up and move your entire life every 4 years.

Well it's a life we embrace and try our best to sail through it. Ok, that's about all the nautical double entendres I can drum up for one day so I'll leave you for now. Anchors away! (I could not resist)

No comments:

Post a Comment